Thank you for supporting “The Artful Heart,” Montessori By The Sea’s very first art exhibit and live auction at the Dart Auditorium of the National Gallery of the Cayman Islands. The Gala Evening celebrating the opening of this nature-inspired exhibition of original children’s artwork was a resounding success, enthusiastically attended by parents and staff from the MBTS community.
Sponsored by MBTS’ Parents’ Guild, “The Artful Heart” was highlighted by a thrilling live auction of group masterpieces by each classroom, led by the dynamic duo of Hugh and Shawn, whose daughters both attend the Lower Elementary program at MBTS. Their energetic and enthralling talents as auctioneers, coupled with the gleeful generosity and support of the audience, led to a significant amount of funds raised to support the Parents’ Guild’s school enhancement projects, which include improving technology resources, the learning support program and playground equipment. The generous donation of a NGCI Family Membership by the gallery, as well as delicious canapes and fine wines provided by Mise en Place and the West Indies Wine Company, rounded out a truly enjoyable and wonderful evening.
The Artful Heart exhibit will be on display at the National Gallery until Saturday, June 22nd.
Montessori By The Sea would like to especially thank the following for helping make our very first community art show a success:
– Ms. Denise for her hard work, dedication, organization and coordination of this event from its inception. This event would not have been possible without her and we are eternally grateful.
– Every amazing student and teacher at MBTS, for putting such care and effort into creating and presenting inspired works of art to share with the community. Special thanks as well go to the staff members who volunteered and put extra time into helping mount and frame work, and actively ensuring that the event is a success.
– Mercedes, Danica, Terri, Annie and all of the members of the MBTS Parents’ Guild for their tireless efforts in organizing, sponsoring the event, and mounting and framing the artwork. Your generosity and time are deeply appreciated, and make MBTS the wonderful community that it is.
– Natalie, Lesley and the staff of the National Gallery of the Cayman Islands for their professionalism and their cooperation in providing a wonderful venue and making it a success.
– Lisa and Anshula at the Kennedy Gallery for their generous donation of frames.
– Our friends at Montessori del Sol for making such a beautiful contribution to our community exhibit.
Thank you for supporting the “The Artful Heart” and coming together to celebrate the beauty of nature in our children’s art!